April 9, 2012

The cozy colors of spring in my vicinity 私の近辺の心地好い春の色

One of my favorite seasons - spring

Vocabulary:
         vicinity - kinpen  -  きんぺん - 近辺
          cozy - kokochiyoi  -  ここちよい - 心地好い 
                         spring - haru - はる - 春
         color - iro - いろ - 色

   Where I live is not as cold as other four season areas.  Snow hardly falls around here although winter is also cold. Temperature drops to minus 5 degrees before dawn.  People look forward to spring, a time when temperature is not as cold as winter anymore.  Here are some photos of flowers and food that I have gazed at or have taken glimpses of while strolling around my neighborhood or when I did my groceries.  Spring makes me feel so relaxed.  I do not have the names of some flowers yet; but, their colors refresh my whole being.


another variety of cherry blossoms, ooshimazakura (大島桜)
The leaves of this variety are preserved with salt and used in making sakura-mochi.


Oranges called "mikan" are abundant.


black pansies are new to my sight


 

Ornamental kales show their cute yellow blossoms at springtime
 

A very lovely combination of white and orange (pansies)

Pansies of various colors 201249

Vanilla-scented yellow jasmine 2012324

serene baby pink flowers


Charming fuschia pink flowers
 




Pretty bell-like flowers 2012328
    

Intricately designed Japanese traditional sweets
2012329
Pine tree in springtime
 



  
Tiny wild flowers everywhere



That tiny wild flower is actually very pretty (close-up shot).
Each is smaller than a small child's nail.




Dandelion seeds



Tiny fuschia pink wild flowers (as big as a small child's nail) 


No comments:

Post a Comment