October 14, 2012

Sukiyaki-like pork dish すき焼きのような豚肉料理

Vocab:
すき焼き: sukiyaki - a Japanese food made up of beef,                                     
                                leeks, tofu and glucomannan flavored
                                with Japanese sake, mirin and soysauce
 豚肉料理 -butaniku ryouri -  a pork dish


Pork dish that tastes like sukiyaki

Here's the catch - this dish is made from cheap pork cuts.  I always get fresh but cheap pork from a small shop nearby the house.  What I did here was to marinate the pork for a while (with some fresh milk, a little soy sauce and a dash of black pepper).  After that, I boiled it, added Japanese osake and a little amount of brown sugar. Later I added the tofu and leeks, put additional water (hot water) and let the dish boil until meat is tender.  Then during serving, I added chili threads (or chili strips) on top.  The taste was very similar to sukiyaki.

No comments:

Post a Comment