May 8, 2013

Beef offals and steamed potato slices with crab meat and walnuts


I  put about 1 tablespoon of virgin olive oil into the frying pan and spread it around the whole surface. Next, I arranged the thin potato slices (about half a centimeter thick) on the surface. Then, I sprinkled a ready mix of celery and salt ("Sal au Celeri" here, a gift from my part-time job superior when he went to France).  I covered the frying pan with another frying pan to create a hollow spaace in between two frying pans. My reason? I'd like to let the natural juices of the potatoes to return to the same frying pan as I cook.  This is similar to the principle of reflux in which the water that evaporates flows back as condensed water. So, the food is cooked in its own juices. The potatoes are tastier and there's no need for a high temperature oven.  The bottom is then again checked if the potatoes have become golden brown.  Here, in the photo, I did the same for both sides to make both sides golden brown. I decorated the surface of the cooked potatoes with crab meat in can, walnuts and spring onions. Its taste is simple. Is the source of carbohydrates here in this meal.

Beef offals or even pork offals are available in stores already cleaned and boiled; however, I still pressure-cooked them to make them tender. The offals are  marinated with chili, catsup, sugar and soy sauce before cooking them under high pressure.


The combination of the two foods above makes for a light meal because you might want to eat them without rice or bread  (You can, if you want to, though). The two could be eaten as a meal or even as a snack.


Note:   Giblets and offals are the edible parts of an animal that do not come from its carcass. The organs are called giblets when they are the entrails of poultry; offals when they come from four-legged slaughter-house animals (Source: Web)

No comments:

Post a Comment