June 30, 2012

My First time for Dishes of Lamb Meat (仔羊のお肉料理は」初めて)

初めての仔羊のお肉料理: 初めてーfirst time (hajimete); 仔羊ーlamb (kohitsuji);
                                      お肉ーmeat (oniku)


 Figure 1. Prime lamb meat marinated with soy sauce, 
                lemon, black pepper, lemon rind, mango peels,
                    cabbage  strips, rosemary sprigs and bay leaves.  
                        The meat was cooked in an electric  slow cooker for 6 hours
                      resulting in a very tender  meat with good taste.
Two weeks ago, I was given a big  prime lamb cut of meat from Australia by a kind Japanese man.   I took out the fatty portion of the meat, leaving only the lean part. Afterwards, I prepared its marinade -  a little salt, soy sauce, Japanese "sake", lemon peel, rosemaries, mango peel,  and cubed garlic.  Then I soaked the lamb meat in the marinade for 2 days.  After this, I removed all the spices and peels before cooking the meat in a slow cooker for 6 hours.  During this time, I put two bay leaves and 2 teaspoonfuls of vinegar, and peppercorns, just like the Philippine "adobo" recipe (Fig. 1). 




Figure 2. Lamb meat with vegetables
In addition, I prepared another dish from the lamb meat.  Here, I added green vegetables, eggplant and mushrooms. The condiments were black pepper and fish sauce (Fig. 2).




No comments:

Post a Comment