July 18, 2012

A dessert (or snack) from sticky rice flour and coconut milk もち米粉とココナツミルクで作ったデザート(おやつ)


   Here is a snack or dessert from the flour of sticky rice. I cooked a cup of  rice flour in two cans of coconut milk. It took about 30 minutes of continous stirring under low fire so as not to burn the bottom of the mixture and at the same time give a good consistency to the final product.  I added honey and brown sugar to the mixture as I continued stirring.  When the consistency has become like that of a paste, I transferred the mix into a bowl and cooled it.  While cooling, I decorated it with canned pineapple chunks, fresh blueberries and roasted coconuts or "latik" which I also made from two cans of coconut milk. ( "Latik" is a Filipino word.  This product is traditionally Filipino.)  After cooling in the refrigerator for 2 hours, the dessert was ready for serving.  It was good!

Sticky rice dessert




                                                        A slice of the sticky rice dessert



Roasted coconut ("latik"): Beside it is a can of coconut milk
 together with the oil obtained after making the "latik"

No comments:

Post a Comment