October 21, 2012

Creamy sauteed beef  クリミな牛肉ソテー


牛肉 - gyuniku - beef
牛肉ソテー - gyuniku sote - sauteed beef
こんやく - konyaku -a gel-like food product from a certain tuber
白菜 - hakusai - Chinese cabbage
しその葉っぱ - shiso - perilla leaves


This is my original recipe of a beef dish. I rarely eat beef but today, I got some very good quality slices of beef from a supermarket.  I was an early bird so I got them at half the price.  So, after coming back home, I decided to use my imagination to come up with something.  Here it is, a creamy sauteed beef dish.

I slightly sauteed the beef slices in a teaspoon of grapeseed oil with garlic, then added Japanese osake, milk and  canned tomatoes.  I put some soysauce and a little chili/miso paste and some hot water to tenderize the meat.  I added the Chinese cabbage slices and the Japanese "konyaku" ( the one I added was fortified with seaweeds and chlorella so the color is green). I cooked this in very low fire.   That's it.  I fried some mushrooms separately on a non-stick frying pan so I need not add any oil.  When done, I decorated the top of the beef dish with mushrooms and garnished with some of my home-dried perilla.


Creamy beef dish

No comments:

Post a Comment